Grahame and his wife Jane started Crofter’s Foods in 2005 to focus on the rapidly-expanding demand for local food and drink in their home county of Yorkshire. Their sons Simon and James also work in the business.
Grahame Armitage has over 30 years experience in the food industry, initially with Unilever then starting, growing and selling a food distribution business and a food manufacturing business.
- Crofter’s Foods forms an efficient link between great local food and drink makers to retail and foodservice outlets through a robust and integrated supply chain.
- Our passion for locally produced and sourced food and drink since formed in 2005 has meant that we have significant expertise and deep knowledge of the market in Yorkshire and North East England.
- We efficiently collect, collate and combine products from dozens of hand picked suppliers enabling us to offer hundreds of lines across a range of unique and specialist categories.
- Our processes are robust meaning we consistently deliver on our promises – over 99.5% order fulfilment week after week.
- We make it easy to do business with us – you can enjoy a single order, single, delivery, single invoice.
- We constantly focus on developing close working relationships with both customers and suppliers, built upon the twin foundations of reliability and trust.
- We use our expertise and knowledge to accelerate both suppliers and customers new product development, marketing, promotion and customer research.
- Our flexible logistics infrastructure guarantees suppliers a cost-effective, bespoke sales and distribution service.